Friday, May 1, 2015

a security event screws up my Thursday evening

Yesterday we had something crazy happen. The alarm for a secured area has been randomly going off. For whatever reason it went off last night right as I was about to go home. The police came and barricaded our building and wouldn't let anyone leave. Then they started calling the three people who knew the code to turn the alarm off and finally got in touch with a woman (she was at a gas station). Because the code is secret she had to come back to the base instead of giving it to the officer over the phone. It took 45 minutes for her to get back to base. Meanwhile the cops stood in front of the doors with their guns. We were all like seriously??????? They had to because the alarm going off is a security event but it seemed a little stupid to have guns, especially since they knew the security event was a faulty alarm.

Anyway, there were just a few of us left (this place is empty by 430, at this point it was almost 6 pm). It was me, two african american men, and one african american woman. After the cops left the building we were told by security that we could leave. The people I had been hanging out with were like "you go out first!" because the cops were still in the parking lot. They were honestly afraid they would get in trouble or something. So I walked out first, followed by the woman and then the two men. The woman asked me to walk her to her car just to be sure everything was okay, and then she followed me out of the parking lot. After we were a a mile away from the office she pulled up next to me at a stop sign and said she was going to hang out with me from now on because I'll keep her out of trouble.

Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment