Monday, April 27, 2015

other themes of the day

On Thursday nights the carpets in our office get cleaned. This is something the guys look forward to for reasons I can't quite fathom, but they talked about it obsessively on Friday. I think maybe because the carpet cleaner smells sort of like new car.

In any case some poor young woman was carrying a paper plate of scrambled eggs and what not back to her cube on Friday morning when someone either startled or ran into her. Eggs went flying everywhere. A guy yelled "YOU SEE! THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS!!!!" and that became the theme of the day. Guys kept sneaking up on each other and yelling that in the hopes of causing the poor hapless individual they had snuck up on to spill something on the carpet.

And today, this poor gangly white kid came in with a new haircut. All the brothers had been teasing him about his hair on Friday, calling him mop and glow and shit. The kid had chosen a haircut style that I guess in his mind looked like the style that the brothers had. As he walked into his cube area, somewhat proudly, one of the brothers yelled "Yo, you 5-0 now?" and another joined in "you look like an undercover cop!!!!" I wish I had written down some of the more witty phrases these guys came up with.

I know I shouldn't laugh but I can't help it. It's not mean hazing. It's pretty funny. I could probably write a comedy series by just recording what happens at my office every day.

In other news, some of my seeds are starting to sprout!!!!! I wish I had kept track of which seeds I put where.

so these are either herbs and some vegetables or some vegetables and a few herbs - I planted half of this with veggies and half with herbs

No comments:

Post a Comment