Wednesday, December 17, 2014

if you're a moron, shop at amazon

After weeks of trying to figure out and research good presents to get for my family I was finally ready yesterday to get them ordered. I got all of my shopping done except for my mom's gifts, which I ordered today. I ordered a gift for my dad and my brother from amazon.

As I was ordering my mom's gifts today, however, I realized that I accidentally had my dad and brother's gifts sent to my house. For my dad's gift (spoiler alert), no big deal, it's the sopranos box set so I can easily ship it to him (I got him something else too). But my brother's gift is, without giving it away, heavy and not easy to ship (i.e. I couldn't take it to the local post office or even UPS, and reshipping would cost a lot of money). I was like FUUUUUUUUUCCCKKKKKKK!!!!!

So I tried to change the address through amazon's web site. No luck, because the gift was already in shipping. I called them and spoke to someone in customer service. She tried to change the address but couldn't. She redirected my call to the retail department and there a very nice woman Janelle told me she also couldn't help me. I asked if I could have the number for the shipper in the hopes they could change the address but the gift had not been assigned to a shipper yet.

I must have sounded really sad, or maybe Janelle was bored by my sad tale of trying to get my baby brother something cool for his birthday/Christmas (and that his birthday is on christmas) and totally failing because she finally said "look, I'm going to keep an eye on this order, and as soon as it's assigned to a shipper I will call them and change the address". Right at that VERY MOMENT the shipper was assigned. Seriously! Good thing I kept talking to her...

Anyway, I gave Janelle the right address, she called the shipper and had them change it, and said she'd double check the order when the tracking number comes in (I will as well, obviously).

BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER. I've already sent a note of thanks to amazon for her help.

Anyway, if you're an idiot like me, shop there.

Speaking of shopping...

I was at safeway yesterday getting "groceries" and Ms. Catherine was at the check out so I went to her line because Ms. Catherine is the greatest. She laughed when she saw my groceries and said "you got more stuff there for cleaning than eating!" In my defense, they were having a big two for one sale on cleaning products. As I tried to justify myself she said "honey, you're in a BMZ!" and I was like "what's that" and she said "black mama zone!" Then she sent the girl bagging my "groceries" to produce to get me some bananas.

I froze the bananas and put half of one in my smoothie this morning. That didn't work out too well. Not sure what I did wrong but even after adding two cups of rice milk the smoothy was so thick I could hardly drink it with a straw...

No comments:

Post a Comment