Sunday, June 8, 2014

bird houses - finally!

In January of 2011 I had to have surgery, and my mom came to visit and take care of me, and I bought some bird houses for us to paint since I couldn't do much in the way of activity and I can't sit still for more than 2 seconds.

I finally finished painting and polyurethaning the bird house in April 2011.

My initial intent was to mount them somehow on the garage wall, but that didn't work. I tried a few other things with no success.

So they sat in my garage until today...last night I had an idea to drill holes in the bottom of the bird houses and then mount them on bamboo sticks that I bought for my sunflowers (which all died). It seems to have worked, and I think they look cool.

I used a metal hanging thing that I found in my garage (propped against the wall to the left of the bird house - I thought it was for curtains but Edglas was like "that's for hanging plants!") to make the hole for the bamboo. Thought this house looked nice above the lavender.

orange house near the mock orange bush, which really does smell like oranges!

I put this tiny house next to my tiny rose bush so the could keep each other company

I put most of the houses back toward the garage wall since that was my original idea - the pagoda house may be too heavy for the bamboo, which is ironic

I think the houses add a splash of color to my back yard - they may not be completely stable but birds can't sue me! anyway, someone pointed out the holes for the bird houses were too small for birds...
Well, that about sums up everything that's happened this week. Now I'm going to check to see if the dinner I made for myself actually turned out (it involved searing meat, which I decided to practice for next weekend when I have to cook at brewgrass) and will hopefully finish making all the packets for brewgrass.

Forgot to mention, Jess' business was written up in the westword blog...not bad for a new business!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment