Tuesday, May 13, 2014

the biggest frying pan ever (and my poison freezer)

Last night Jess and her husband dropped off some stuff for the jazz fest so that they don't have to worry about hauling it all in their car saturday morning. One of the things they're storing here is their special frying pan (and guess who gets to clean it for saturday...I'm hoping ME! I've never cleaned a big frying pan before).

this pan could make the most bacon ever - I put mine next to it for scale - and yes, I finally made an appointment to get my new swamp cooler installed so that box will be out of the garage in a week

We packed everything in my garage and then went into my house so we could take measurements to determine how much stuff would fit into my refrigerator / freezer.

This morning they came by again to drop off some frozen shrimp and chicken. My freezer is now LITERALLY packed with food I can't (shrimp) or won't (chicken - chickens roll around in their own feces so no, I'm not going to eat one) eat.

Jess d asked "does it feel weird to actually have food in your refrigerator?"
On Friday they're dropping off the batter and the other half of my refrigerator will look like the freezer. And Saturday I promised (and you know, I am really NOT a morning person) to be ready at 645 am to help take everything over to the jazz fest. And I'm going to help at their booth, though I'm not sure what I will do. Jess wondered if I was still against trying to cook and I told her that having food in my house and getting up early on saturday were enough changes for one week.

If you are interested in trying some brazilian street food now's your chance! The sandwich they make, acaraje, is pronounced AH cah rah tay.

No comments:

Post a Comment