Thursday, January 2, 2014

lack of communication makes for a "shitty" situation

On new year's day FH and I headed home from Steamboat, but first we stopped for breakfast at Nora's, and FH had three cups of coffee. As we were traveling down highway 40, a desolate stretch of road, FH had to poop. There was no place to stop though, so he suffered along until Kremmling. I was suffering too because he was farting up a storm.

We got to Kremmling and then decided to continue on to Frisco because FH was hoping for a nice Starbucks bathroom. But there wasn't a starbucks directly off the highway so we ended up finally stopping at Georgetown. Luckily it was warm outside and I was able to crack the car window, otherwise I might have died from the farts. Regarding that gas station just off I-70, I personally wouldn't go into the men's room for at least another month (assuming it doesn't get razed to the ground in the mean time because the stench won't go away).

FH got back into the car and I turned on the heat to warm up my feet. I smelled farts again so I was like "why are you still farting???" and FH was like "I'm NOT farting!" I thought maybe his clothes had been fart infused so as soon as we got home he changed his clothes and then we headed to an irish bar for a new year's drink (the idea being to hit the bars before everyone else showed up so we wouldn't have to deal with a crowd).

I was sitting on a bar stool when suddenly FH said "I smell the farts again and it's coming from you!" I was like "dude, I am NOT farting". We puzzled over the situation, wondering if somehow my clothes also had gotten fart infused (I didn't change because I didn't have any other clothes to wear). I also worried that maybe our sense of smell had been destroyed after over an hour trapped in a car filled with noxious gas.

Then FH said "let me see your shoe". Turns out, I had dog poop on my shoe and that's what the smell was. He said "you must have stepped on that dog turd behind the car when we were packing at the motel". I was like "what dog turd?" FH had noticed it the day before but didn't tell me. I didn't see it when we were packing the car up because it had snowed.

We both started laughing like 5 year olds. I eventually got the poop off my shoe. And FH said from now on he will tell me if a dog poops behind my car.

happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment