Sunday, December 29, 2013

saddles and saddle sore

Yesterday I made a mistake. Well, two mistakes. The first involves a hike. My right ankle was so swollen from my now somehow infected blister (even though I put nu skin on it) I couldn't ski. So I decided to hike a trail at Cache Creek while FH and his sister skied it. The last 2 miles, heading towards the car, I was feeling pretty good (well, it was fucking cold outside and to be honest I couldn't feel my feet since I was hiking in my summer trail shoes - bad packing on my part - I didn't expect to be walking anywhere, only skiing) so I decided to run back to the car. Which was awesome until I got to the car and realized, as my feet were heating up, that my right shoe was full of a bunch of soupy shit from the blister.

At which point I probably should have told FH that I didn't think I could skate. But I wanted to practice more hockey stuff...so...I went skating.

By evening I could barely walk. So we went to the million dollar cowboy bar for some pain killer. FH insisted I sit on one of the saddle seats. For the record, I only sat side saddle.

drinking million dollar cowboy beer on a saddle - for real
By the end of the evening I was in excruciating pain (from a blister - give me a fucking break). Didn't get much sleep last night.
who's the dumb ass who decided running 2 miles in the snow on a blister was a good idea...um, me
Just got a text from my dad (sent him the above picture asking for advice). He said "just saw the pic (of my blister) - definitely gross!!!" Hahaha! Blood usually makes him throw up.

Had a painful ride from Jackson to Steamboat, where I was supposed to do a back country ski tomorrow (we'll see what the heal looks like tomorrow). FH found the tv remote funny (we were watching the broncos game - blood bath).

Fisher Price - my first TV remote





No comments:

Post a Comment