Thursday, May 16, 2013

I should never tell my friends I'm an aspie

Asperger's. Yeah. Great for engineering work. Not so great when you have friends and you read their emails really fast.

Friend:
Don't read the text, just quickly look at the picture and answer the question if which chocolate bar you would give the kid.
 
Me:
I picked the milky way. Don't know why. I think they're gross. Actually, the midnight ones aren't bad. But that puffy crap freaks me the fuck out. What is that puffy crap? It's in snickers too.

Friend: 
You're not too far on the spectrum of Asp., they don't know which one the kid wants... From a book on decision making I"m reading.

Me:
So which one did the fucking kid want? If he wanted something else why is he looking at the milky way (weirdly, after you said I was wrong I looked at the pic again to see why I might have picked the milky way - I realized I hadn't looked at the kids face and was picking more due to the placement of the candy bars - but I must have subconsciously noticed him eying the milky way that he apparently doesn't want - fucking kids)? See, that's what's wrong with people. I would look at the candy bar I wanted. Doing anything else is illogical. Anyway, all those candy bars suck. I like gummi bears.

For the record, I'm a 220 out of 225 on the aspie scale and 25 out of 225 on the neuro normative scale. The doctor didn't believe me when I told him I was a consultant.


(note that I interpreted my friend's response as me picking the wrong candy bar for some reason - was distracted)

Friend:
You're good at hiding the differences.... That's from a cool book about decision making and how our heuristic processes work, cool.

Me:
But which candy bar was the right answer?????

You're killing me!


Friend:
You got it "right," the kids eyes were pointing toward it as you note!

(for some reason I interpreted the "" as not as right as I could have been) 

Me:

But it wasn't the right answer? What's the right answer?

Aaaaahhhh!!!


My friend has not responded. Maybe I drive my friends crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment