Monday, October 22, 2012

terrorists of stupid - TSA

I was almost kicked out of the denver airport today for arguing with a tsa agent. Why, you might ask.

She said I couldn't bring a container of salt-baking soda (for my neti pot) in my carry on because it was over 3 ounces (actually, I think the container is 3 ounces but it isn't marked with the volume and apparently they can't eyeball a container and guess how many ounces it is).

She then said salt is classified as a "cream" when I pointed out to her that the container was not full of liquid or a gel.

?????????????????

For real. Guess they don't give IQ tests to those dudes before they hire them. I kept asking her to open the container to see that it was just salt and baking soda but she refused to open it and then yelled at me when I tried to open it. I explained that I fly through Denver almost EVERY FUCKING WEEK with the container and she said "this rule has been in place for a long time, they were mistaken to let you take it through". I pointed out to her colleagues, who joined in the fray, that if they just listened to the announcement that was playing they would see there was nothing about limits on the amount of salt, just liquids and gels.

I finally talked to a manager I've met before after dealing with 4 other tsa idiots and she let me keep my salt. But not before the tsa agent tested EVERYTHING in my backpack with those bomb swabs. It took an additional 10 minutes to do that and god knows how much tax payer money since she used 10, yes, 10 swabs. She even swabbed my Harper's magazine and a paperback book. Of course, she missed the 3 ounce tube of toothpaste I hadn't taken out of my back pack before it went through the x-ray.

Ech.

1 comment:

  1. Didn't you know it's a sure sign of a terrorist! They all carry snooty pods? You can spot a terrorist by the cleanliness of their sinuses? You never saw Bin Laden with a booger did you?

    ReplyDelete