Thursday, October 25, 2012

snake redux

Back in March I sent an email to a snake expert who had a cool snake trap on his web site (as well as a picture of a snake pooping):

Me:
> I am terrified of snakes but am trying to get over my phobia by learning
> more about them. I really liked your web site! There was a lot of useful
> information. And that yellow snake trap is very cool. Though, I live in the
> city and don't have a use for one.
>
> Snake poop pictures were gross but at the same time it was interesting to
> see how a snake poops.
>
> I did have a quick question, if you have time. I live in Denver and spend a
> lot of time outdoors in an area that has a lot of rattle snakes (Roxborough
> State Park). One day I was walking on a narrow trail that had a lot of brush
> on either side of it. I heard a rattle, panicked, and ran (my friend, who
> was walking behind me, swears it was a rattle snake). If that happens again
> should I not run? In elementary school I remember reading a story about
> snakes that said you should stand still until the snake leaves. But if
> you're afraid of snakes that's kind of hard to do.
>
> Stay safe with those snakes!


He finally responded back to me today:
 >Yeah, don't run.  But you can walk away.

Not hugely helpful. But at least he didn't offer to introduce me to a live snake.

No comments:

Post a Comment