Tuesday, October 9, 2012

more holes...in the floor

I don't know why, but I'm kind of freaked out that my plumber Joseph drilled holes in my floor today. I guess it's like the "no turning back" point for my kitchen.

And he and Neal keep asking me questions like "which side of the sink do you want the garbage disposal to be on?" and "how many light switches do you want on this wall?"

Ahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know!!!! Left! No, right! Did you interpret that as my left or your left since we're standing on opposite sides of my fake island which is really just a picture Neal drew on the floor???????

To make matters even more interesting, some teenage boys have been hanging around. Neal keeps going out to his truck because he's afraid they're trying to steal his tools. This afternoon I was on a conference call and happened to look out my upstairs window. One of the kids was standing on my front porch with his hand on my safety door. He was making hand signals at someone I couldn't see. So I went down, yanked open the inside door, tried to dramatically yank open the safety door (it was locked, thank you Joseph!) and yelled at the kid "what are you doing on my front porch?!?"

He looked shocked, then said he was waiting for a friend. I was like "wait somewhere ELSE". He left and didn't come back. But I was talking to my neighbor later in the afternoon and he saw the kids coming out of a house three houses down from our building (known drug dealer but the cops haven't done anything about him yet). I called our local cop and hopefully they will step up drive bys.

Usually I have no worries because I park in my garage, but I can't park there until the cabinets are installed. Luckily after this week Jake will be at the airport. They have really good security there. And I took the precaution of removing everything from my car just in case it gets broken into.

No comments:

Post a Comment