Monday, October 8, 2012

dust bowl

Today Neal made more holes in my kitchen. I had a HGTV moment when we realized that he can't run the exhaust for the stove up through my room because the pipe would be 6 inches away from the brick wall. I was like holy fuck that's going to look like a stripper pole in my bedroom.

So then he thought he would run it across the ceiling. Not entirely crazy about the idea but what's a girl to do. He called a guy who's apparently going to cut a hole through the outside brick of my house. The idea terrifies me but...we'll see...I'm sure the guy cuts lots of holes through people's brick walls.

Meh.
Another hole. With yellow wires sticking out.
They built the soffit today. Of course my ceiling isn't plumb. Ech.


Neal cut this hole to see if he could run the exhaust for the stove above the ceiling. No dice. They did something fucky with the support beams and he can't cut through them. So the pipe will have to run under the beam seen at the top right edge of this picture. I hope it doesn't look insane.

They pulled out the bathroom vanity today too. Forgot I have to buy a sink and faucet. I'm just going to start referring to my remodel budget as my remodel "budget".

Electrical panel. It looks like an evil doomsday device.

No comments:

Post a Comment