Monday, July 23, 2012

sorry for sucking

The past few weeks have been insanely busy. I edited two books for two friends, did a review of another friend's play, did more shopping for my new kitchen (which will probably start in a month, yikes!), submitted two book proposals, and have been trying to figure out what I need to do in my new job.

This week I'm headed back to California and I'm going to take my non-work laptop with me. The tablet just doesn't cut it.

And, I already got a rejection back on one of the proposals I submitted:

Dear Franki,
Thanks very much for sending your proposal.While your adventures are entertaining and truly inspiring, unfortunately, the book just isn't a strong fit for our list at this time. I do appreciate the opportunity to consider this, and wish you the very best in finding the right publishing home for your work.
 
Boo hoo hoo. I guess the good news is I think my proposal is good after so much review and I just need to find the right publishing house. Usually publishers don't respond at all to general queries and all the rejections I've gotten have made it obvious they read my proposal.

I've been toying with the idea of completely rewriting my book in a way that makes it more mainstream. God help me. I don't even know how to do that really. My life isn't exactly mainstream.

No comments:

Post a Comment