Tuesday, July 24, 2012

help a sister out

I emailed the elite writer's group that I'm now a member of (four of us, all published, offshoot of the writer's group regular, started because we all need real feedback - not bullshit I got saturday on blue moon like "are you sure marines carry .45s?" and "I think you should use less profanity in your writing") and the following exchange occurred:

Jeff:
Franki - we should see what we can do about kicking publishing companies in the balls.  I know there's a local publisher who you could try and shop your book to, but I forget the name.

Me:
Wow Jeff. Thanks for that lead. Unfortunately for me, it's not the most useless lead ever. But it's in the top 10.

I love you Jeffy even though you suck.

Jeff:
 *sniff.

http://www.examiner.com/article/colorado-publishers-101-what-publishing-houses-are-there-colorado

Check out Fulcrum and Ghost Road.



Me:
 You're starting to suck less. If I were on facebook I'd let you be my friend.

For real kid, thanks! I do appreciate it. When my book is in the bargain bin at tattered cover I'll text you so you can buy it for cheap. With the money you save you'll be able to take me for a drink.

Jeff:
If I buy you a drink I expect to get lucky.

Me:
You know me. How much luckier do you think you're going to get?

Sigh. Maybe being such an asshole is preventing me from getting published. But my uncle sent me this when I told him about my rejection:

Many of life's failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. Edison
 
Soldiering on...

No comments:

Post a Comment