Tuesday, January 3, 2012

and you make more money than me?????

On a final note, file this one under "sales people make more money than me????"

I was on a conference call with my customer for next week, joined of course by a pack of 4 sales people all salivating at potential $$$ and not doing much other than cluttering the call with white noise as I tried to find out more info from my client (I love it when they do things like order a burrito without putting the phone on mute - glad you're eating mexican while I'm working!). The customer was telling me how a sales guy was telling him about a new architecture framework called PEEF and how he was thinking to use it.

I was like "PEEF?" and he said "yeah it stands for..." and of course he couldn't remember. One of the sales guys, Mr. Idiot let's call him, made a condescending comment to me because I had not heard of the framework. He spelled it out "PEEF" and then said "Look, I'll google it for you" as if I'm incapable of doing same. I googled it and I'm sure everyone else did.

The framework is actually PEAF, not PEEF. Here were the results for PEEF:

PEEF, the Christmas Bear

and


PEEF, urban dictionary:

"A peef is a penis fart, similar to a queef. A queef is to a female as a peef is to a male.

There have been very few recorded incidences of peefs. However, we do know that a peef is both pleasant and painful for the 'peefer'. No incidences of a 'wet peef' have ever been recorded.


On a related note, the peef has much militaristic potential. Theoretically, with the proper enhancements and adjustments, the peef could become powerful enough to replace nuclear warfare.
Example 1:

Vendor: I peefed at the dinner table.


Example 2:


Pierce: I tried to peef, but blood came out instead.
"
The urban dictionary reference comes up first. An embarrassed silence descended on the call.
And, are you goddamn kidding about PEEF the christmas bear? That thing is ugly.

No comments:

Post a Comment