Tuesday, October 18, 2011

at least it was the right airport

My family is always late picking me up at the airport. One cold winter day when I had flown into Cincy my dad was 45 minutes late picking me up because he decided to rake some leaves. My brother left me waiting at Dulles one time for almost three hours because he decided, even though he was only 15 miles from the airport, to go home and feed his cat (then had to drive to his house and back to the airport in rush hour traffic).

So I decided to be on time to pick up my dad this morning (he flew out here for vacation, is staying until Sunday). Surprisingly though his flight got in much earlier than expected and his bags arrived 5 minutes after he got to the main terminal (that has never, in 7 years of flying in and out of DIA, happened to me).

I had left him a message telling him that I would pick him up at arrivals and to wait under the southwest sign. Luckily I called as I approached the terminal to make sure he got my message. He said "yeah, but I'm waiting at departures under the Frontier sign." Hm. Because he thought I would find him there easily????

So I swerved over to take the road to departures rather than arrivals but ended up in the wrong lane, for commercial vehicles. I had to wait for 7 taxis to go through the gate before I could take the exit back to the lane for normal cars.

And then we went to the botanic gardens. Fun. I love that place. Tomorrow we're hiking, Thursday going to Salida, not sure what's on deck after that...

No comments:

Post a Comment