Thursday, October 13, 2011

really, it's all about you

This morning has been a nightmare. Besides the usual idiocy of some east coaster scheduling yet ANOTHER meeting at 6 am (I can understand this for people overseas - but there's NO reason the east coaster has to schedule these meetings at 6 am my time - in fact, it's early even for the east coast clients so most of them don't show up for the meetings). There is no reason why my company should expect me to be at work at 6 unless the CLIENT wants that.

Then I got an email that I have to take an engagement in Canada and needed to apply for my work permit immediately. I tried to explain to my scheduler that I already had two engagements for the time she wanted me in Canada. Back in the day my scheduler would have taken care of cleaning up the mess. Now I have to do it.

I found someone to take one engagement and rescheduled with my other client for a later date. Then I managed to find the obscure link for applying for a work permit on my company's crap web site. I spent $400 applying for it, plus $50 fed ex costs, and have no idea if I will get it in time. But at least the other problems were fixed. I then had to run a conference call that went over 20 minutes (and had a 2 minute start delay because my phone code for the conference service had expired and I had to get a new one - thanks for sending me a message it was expiring asspipes!).

Meanwhile, the consultant who promised to take my other engagement decided he didn't want it after all. And the sales guy on the rescheduled engagement refuses to accept the new dates I proposed, and the customer agreed to, for the rescheduled engagement. He is sales and doesn't have to fucking be there. On top of that, we were initially scheduled to do the work the week of thanksgiving but he doesn't want to travel then. If we were doing the engagement the week of Thanksgiving there would be NO PROBLEM and the customer wanted to do it that week because it's less busy around his office.

I think all these insane people in my company forget that I'm the fucking talent. And it's not about them. Fuck it. I'm just going to wait for someone to tell me where to go and what to do. I have had it trying to help people clean up their shit show messes.

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment