Thursday, October 20, 2011

table I think I'm going to buy

You can't tell because of the flash, but there are a series of holes in the table filled with turquoise. It looks really cool. The craftsman who made it said "I wanted to make a blackjack table/desk/dining room table". It has three legs. Very elegant.

Here's the picture from the other side. The natural holes in the table are filled with turquoise and black resin. Very cool. Half artwork, half table. The legs are made from bristle cone pine, the oldest still living tree in the world.
Note that the redwood was salvaged from dead fallen trees, it was NOT cut down (same with the bristle cone pine wood). The guy who made this table, Ken Lindstrom, is an amazing artist. He made a kitchen table, a bench, and a side table for my parents.

2 comments:

  1. ok did you buy it if not let me know where that looks like a great desk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you. I think it looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete