Friday, September 16, 2011

abbiacrossamerica update

Today I was surprised to find a little envelope in my stack of mail. It was from Abbi, whom I met at the San Fran airport a few weeks ago.

I can't believe I'm such a crackhead that I forgot to mention that Abbi is riding her bike cross country to raise money for Avenues, a shelter for homeless youth. If you check out the link for her trip you'll find a blog of her trip as well as information on where to make a donation. I've been enjoying her blog (and am envious, as I sit around working instead of having an adventure). Check it out, there's lots of great pictures. She even takes pictures of her food and biking injuries.

In any case, after I met her I made a donation to Avenues. The card she sent me was a thank you card. She's quit smoking (good, I'm next) and she wrote a really nice note about my donation.

I donate to a lot of charities, and it's always nice to get a hand written thank you with a personal note. Which she wrote in a campsite after riding all day.

If you have some spare change why not make a donation...

No comments:

Post a Comment