Monday, February 28, 2011

bread in a blanky

 I'm making bread again. I know you dudes are thinking, like, what kind of disaster is it going to be this time.

Well, for your information, I did things differently. When I added water to the dry ingredients I used warm water (though my brother told me that the yeast is supposed to be refrigerated or it goes bad or some shit like that, I'm going to have to research that in more detail because I looked at the yeast packet and there was NOTHING saying to put it in the refrigerator). And this time, instead of just covering it with plastic wrap I also gave it a little bread blanky to keep it warm.
So far the results are good. The dough rose this time. I just made it into a ball and put it in a towel, as the directions stated. We'll see if the ball really doubles in size or not. Hm. Wonder if I should use a lighter towel. What if the bread can't rise because the towel is weighing it down?

I also realized I left out two steps last time I made the bread. The first was to flour the dough and let it rest for 15 minutes before making it into a ball (will have to research to find out why I had to do that). The second thing is I forgot to take the lid off of the dutch oven the last 15 minutes I was baking the bread. Oops. Also, I think I only baked it for 30 minutes instead of 45.

I'll let you know how it comes out. My brother, his girlfriend, and the FRG are coming over for dinner tonight. FRG is making everything but the bread. Thankfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment