Saturday, July 31, 2010

explosions in the morning, my nose is injured

Don't read this post unless you are really immature. I'm laughing as I write it, but I'm really immature.

On Thursday I was working in R's office because we were trying to get a presentation done and my desk in the hallway is just too chaotic these days to be able to concentrate. R and I have been working together for over a week. We get along really well, mostly because we are so much alike. We have food obsessions (like sandwiches and pizza), architecture obsessions (R said he has nightmares about me quizzing him at the hague about why he did certain things in his models), and music obsessions (he went through my 60 GB music library, which I thought was big, then showed me his 2 terabyte library - I was like "I have everything Billie Holiday ever recorded" and he said "I have everything anyone ever recorded" - but, lebanese are like that, always trying to one up you).

R's office, I should mention, shares a wall with the upstairs bathroom (which I'm not allowed to use because I have to go to the ladies' room two flights down).

Anyway, I was sitting at a desk opposite of R and I had just taken a bite of my apple when suddenly I heard this very loud noise coming from the bathroom. It sounded, literally, like someone's ass had just exploded. I made my face really tense so I wouldn't start laughing. I made the mistake of glancing over at R to see if he had heard the noise. He was staring at me with this retarded grin on his face. That was it for me. I suddenly was overcome with laughter. I choked on my apple, and a piece of it flew out of my nose, which made me laugh even harder. R covered his face with both of his hands. We must have laughed for 5 minutes straight. Then I said "I knew I shouldn't have looked at you" and he said "I thought maybe I imagined the noise". This caused us both to start laughing again.

Worse, we heard whoever was in the bathroom rinsing off in the tub. Every bathroom here has a tub so people can wash up for prayers (I guess - I honestly don't know why they have tubs, but every bathroom in every office I've been in has one). This caused another fit of laughter. When I finally had myself more or less under control another bad thing happened. The tea boy went into the bathroom and started cleaning it very loudly. I would say I was incapacitated by my laughter for at least 40 minutes.

I got a nose bleed from the apple coming out of my nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment