Wednesday, August 4, 2010

my week, and it's only wednesday

So much for cruising through the last weeks of my project. Highlights of the past few days:


  • The server where all of my work is had a patch installed on Sunday. This somehow removed my rights to the server.  All of my work is on the server. It took 2 hours that I didn't have to fix the problem.
  • 20 people were fired on Sunday. Chaos in the office.
  • Etisalat blocked bb service because RIM wouldn't agree to let them monitor messages. All Sunday I couldn't receive emails on my bb at work which is a major problem as the customer was emailing me stuff to use for a presentation I had to put together but COB sunday. I was at work from 7 am to 9 pm.
  •  Monday a fired employee took down the wireless network. I didn't have email access again, and couldn't get on the server, which was fixed by then, because I connect through the wireless. Service came back Monday afternoon, but the office was full of people screaming and yelling. Two important meetings I needed to have were postponed because of the security incident. They finally happened at 7 PM. Once again, I didn't get home until almost 10.
  • Jakey, my car, was rear ended in Montana. Not sure what's going on with that, too busy and tired to find out.
  • The office I was working in smelled horrible. It turns out two birds flew into the air con shaft and died. The tea boy kept coming in and spraying some vile baby powder air freshener in the office. It almost made me vomit.
  • Tuesday I decided to make some vid clips of my customer to use in the final presentation. The clips were great and everyone was really excited (they don't do stuff like that here, mostly because the locals usually won't let you even photograph them, but, my customer likes me) but I was up until 2 am editing them for the presentation.
  • An idiot member of my architecture team imported some faulty code and took down our database. Then the little shit left while I was in a meeting. Of course the IT guys weren't backing our server up. I didn't leave the office until 9 PM fixing the issue. And then the little shit came in at 9 this morning and was mad because I didn't let him fix the problem. Like, if you break my system and think I'm going to wait until your candy ass rolls in here at 9 am, you really know nothing about working for me.
  • An idiot sales person introduced a technical requirement at a customer meeting that we couldn't do. My customer was freaking out because we had to have the requirement done by today. I probably could figure it out, but not in the amount of time I have left. Allah bless this kid in Singapore who fixed the problem. I seriously wanted to get on a plane, fly there, and hug him.
  • I found out the CEO is going to be on vacation during the final presentation for my project. He wants to set up a vid conference on August 16 so I can do the presentation again, from the US. Ech.
  • The vids were so successful that more people want to make them. I have no time to film people.
  • The air conditioning in the office I work in broke at 2 pm. It was almost 100 degrees in the office by the time I left this evening.
I know. Stop whining. I'm almost home. Thankfully..

No comments:

Post a Comment