Sunday, July 25, 2010

if I had a million dollars I would buy your love

This morning, at 5am, I was awoken rudely from my sleep (for the second time, the first being the call to prayer at 430, why am I staying at a hotel near a mosque) to discover the following on my cell phone:

YOUR MOBILE N0. HAS BE AWARDED £500,000.00(GBP) IN THE ONGOING NOKIA MOBILE PROMO. REF No: SW805 FOR CLAIM CALL+447045754969 & EMAIL: nokia-uk@europe.com] [Country:UNITED KINGDOM] [Language:English]

Immediately sensing a hoax, I contacted Nokia, and got this response back:



Thank you for contacting Nokia Care. 
Nokia is aware that recently there have been several hoax messages on different Nokia promotions and lottery campaigns, sent via email or SMS, purporting to originate from Nokia. Nokia has not initiated any such campaigns and has nothing to do with them - the messages have been sent via parties that are not associated with Nokia in any way.
Please do not reply to these messages or pass them on, as it is possible that by replying to such e-mails or taking the requested actions your personal information could be misused by the originators of the message or others.
The most effective action is to delete the message without responding to the sender. You can also contact your local authorities to report such hoax messages.
For future reference, please feel free to check our website. Kindly refer to the link below:
http://www.nokia.co.uk/home

I guess I've been here too long. I'm getting hoax messages on my cell phone. Luckily I have less than 3 weeks left here.

I once was emailing with a guy who said he wanted to date me, but couldn't due to his personal circumstances. After reading through his email I sent one back saying, as a joke "what if I had a million dollars". He responded "That would make things harder, but wouldn't change them" or something to that effect. I bet he would have changed his mind if I had really won a million dollars. 

Of course, then he would have to be my bitch.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment