Wednesday, May 5, 2010

private life

A friend (or should I say "friend") who lived in my house for a while came by to drop off the key and garage door opener I had given him. He's a guy I've known, or thought I knew, for the past 7 years.

I found out a few weeks ago from a mutual acquaintance that my friend was married but had recently divorced. I was shocked that he had never told me. In fact, one evening while we were having dinner I asked him about a wedding ring he was wearing and he said "it's on the wrong hand". Hm.

So yesterday we chatted for a while, and then I asked him point blank why he had never told me he was married. He said "I did tell you!" and I was like I don't think so dude. I hate it when men do that shit, like I can't remember shit. Then he said "I like to keep my personal life private".

Right, dude. You lived in my house, we used to hang out with each other, and you don't want to tell me you're married because you're protecting your privacy? That's the stupidest fucking thing I've ever heard. Then he said he knew his marriage was going to end in divorce before it even started so there was no point in telling people he was married because then he would just have to tell them he was getting a divorce. He also said he didn't lie to me about the wedding ring, that he never wore one.

Guys like him never do. Or they wear it somewhere where it isn't obvious that it's a wedding ring. And then they ask you out on a date.

I really don't understand what the fuck is happening with people. Maybe I just know only retarded guys with no morale grounding. I was talking to my friend Neil and he said that he thinks there are no good role models for guys, so the ones from my generation and younger grow up with stupid ideas of how to act in a relationship and how to treat women. Yes there are some decent guys out there, but it seems I should know more of those types of guys than the bad types of guys. And I don't.

Oh well. I'm spending the next few months on my book and don't have time to worry about the idiot guys I know, or don't really know.

No comments:

Post a Comment