Sunday, April 12, 2009

my cigarette talks better than I do

This is a painting I made of my fake co-author called "my cigarette talks better than I do". It's based on a picture he sent me taken by Andrew Querner (I am probably not allowed to even post it, but it's always easier to not ask permission). He had gone on a trip, and I hadn't heard from him for about a really long time. So when he got back and sent me pics from his trip I kept saying "the pictures didn't come through" even though, ha ha, they did. I wanted to see how many times I could get him to send me the same email with pictures because I was pissed at him. After 5 or so times I finally fessed up.

I should give it to him. It would serve him right to have to find a place to hang it. It's my first time trying to paint a face. I should note that I spent 4 hours on Saturday at the Denver MOMA getting ideas for paintings...




No comments:

Post a Comment