Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Amazing Race

Walking to work today the most interesting thing, so far, of the festival happened. I was walking up to the Banff Centre, listening to my mp3 player, when two guys coming down from the centre started waving at me. I ignored them until one of them, who was pretty hot, walked up to me and pulled my head phones out and then shouted "Where's the fucking bicycle obstacle course?"

I then noticed he was wearing this weird Canadian shirt, and his companion (who was nice, and also an explicit user of the f word, but, unfortunately, not as hot) was wearing a Tony Roma's apron over his back. While I was processing that the hot guy explained to me that they are on the Amazing Race, which is a TV show about something, and they had to find the course. I looked in my backpack for my map but hadn't brought it, so I suggested to them that they try this bike trail I've been walking on. It turns out I guessed right, and hopefully will see them again so I can collect the offered drink that I couldn't accept when I ran in to them because I was on my way to work.

I might watch the Amazing Race but I don't know how to find something on TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment