Wednesday, April 23, 2008

one of those days

I am trying to decide what my favorite part of teaching class out in DC has been.

Maybe it was when United mistakenly shipped my luggage on an earlier flight to DC and I stood around in baggage claim for AN HOUR waiting for it to arrive, only to find out it had been there all along.

Or maybe it was Monday when I arrived at 730 in the morning to set up my class room only to find that the key I was sent for the building was never activated. And all my students showed up and stood around in the lobby for a half hour until someone with a working key showed up.

No, I think it was today, when the network went down because of Sprint so I am now a half day behind in my class because it's kind of hard to teach people how to use software when their computers aren't working.

No, my favorite part is definitely a few minutes ago, when a metal ceiling tile covering the lights in my class room just randomly fell out of the ceiling. No one was injured. At least it woke everyone up from the nice slumber they were enjoying while I lamely tried to walk them through a meta model exercise on the white board...

It's not just me. I talked to another consultant named Tab and he told me he refuses to teach here anymore. I'm taking everyone out for drinks this evening in the hopes I don't get eviscerated on the evaluation.

1 comment:

  1. I have enjoyed reading your blog. You have a wonderful sense of humor. Talking about meta modeling, take a look at this wikipedia site http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metacrap

    Shit about shit is meta-shit!

    ReplyDelete