Thursday, January 10, 2008

Funny Cause the Bible Says I'm Funny

I've made an interesting discovery while reading an article about a guy who went to the deserts of Israel to understand the ecology in the logical framework of the three great monotheistic religions experienced there (yes, I have an obsession with the desert, otherwise no, I wouldn't be reading this article). If the last sentence confused you, fear not, just go back to watching Fox News and pretend this blog never happened.

My Christian name means freedom, which I knew. But I also discovered, through the article, that my Hebrew name, Yitzak (Isaac), female version Yitzi, means [DRUM ROLL]

"(s)he laughs"

What's in a name indeed.

Interestingly enough, as I also discovered in the article, the idea of eternity was introduced by desert monks.

And, if you're bored, think about this for a minute:

"The paradox of monotheism is that the desert God, refuting all other gods, demands acknowledgement within emptiness. The paradox of monotheism is that there is no paradox - only unfathomable singularity."
-Robert Rodriguez

No comments:

Post a Comment