Sunday, December 28, 2014

I cook drinking game

My chef friends has been hanging out in my kitchen while I cook, I would presume because I give them alcohol and food. They invented a drinking game on Friday to help with my cooking skills. They had to take a drink if I did any of the following:
  • Turned on the wrong burner
  • Washed something (e.g. a measuring spoon) and put it in the dish washer and then had to take it out of the dishwasher to use it again (two drinks if I rewashed it after taking it out of the dishwasher)
  • Said "oops, fuck!" while in the vicinity of the food I was cooking
  • Ran the garbage disposal (one of my friends said I run the garbage disposal "excessively" - is running the garbage disposal 3 times in the space of thirty minutes excessive???)
  • Sprayed disinfectant in the sink, then wiped down the sink with dish soap while in the middle of prepping food (two drinks if I then ran the garbage disposal - my friend who owns a restaurant said I am welcome in his kitchen anytime to clean)
  • Vacuumed the floor in the middle of food prep
  • Asked my CIA trained chef friend "is it supposed to look like that?" or "is it supposed to smell like that?"
Anyway, my technique is getting a lot better and I hopefully won't end up going broke buying alcohol for my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment