Saturday, January 18, 2014

some more pics surfing the party wave

Here's a pic from a video where I caught the same wave as FH. Of course, he surfed it in and I wrecked.
I surf goofy foot. Also, on most waves I managed to keep a safe distance from FH.
when the board shoots straight out of the water it's called tombstoning the board
the surf board fins are supposed to be IN the water


Two of my favorite still shots from the vid where I wreck into FH:

FH's board (left arrow) and my board (right arrow)
FH calmly surfs on while I flounder behind him
We saw three snowflake eels the past few days in the low tide. The marine biologist Tony said they're coming in because the water is unseasonably warm. Very cool!

1 comment:

  1. Great stuff Franki! I do like the annotations and agree easier to track the details of your adventure that way vs. just the video. Hang ten ;-)

    ReplyDelete