Wednesday, December 11, 2013

book saga update

I sent the issues my uncle had to the publisher and she responded that she would be willing to review the changes he is advising. So that door hasn't slammed shut. Yet.

And my dad sent this regarding HarperCollins comments:

Think she makes a good point that the different chapters should reinforce an integrating theme and not just be  perceived as a collection of individual vignettes. Since you are not a well known person, readers will want to learn more about you as a person. Over the holidays I will read your draft cover-to-cover and make some suggestions.

My dad, the literary critic :)

So in the next few days I need to think of an overarching theme for my book that's maybe more obvious than me against my zombie knee. Some ideas I had are something about struggle or maybe how because I'm a middle child and full of angst and a disproportionate sense of responsibility I do crazy things to celebrate having dead people body parts in my leg because I don't want anyone to think I'm wasting the dead body parts sitting on the sofa eating chips.

Kidding.

Or maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment