Monday, February 18, 2013

great idea or potential organ donor situation?

I haven't been posting much on my blog because I've been fucking off climbing and riding motorcycles. A friend of mine has 3 bikes. No, that's not a typo. Three bikes.

One is a dirt bike that is currently being worked on. Then he has a BMW touring bike and he just procured a Harley Davidson. Since the weekend was nice we had to take both out. He describes the BMW as a polite waiter who ensures that your dining experience is perfect. The Harley is more like the waitresses at Mercury Cafe, which is to say rude and obnoxious. And they don't corner really well.

His BMW has a radio so I suggested we blast NPR. He asked me not to say geeky things in front of his biker friends like that. Then he demonstrated to make sure I understood what he meant by bringing up some topics I might have brought up with him:

"So I was watching this DVD on chaos...GEEK!"
"Did you read about that meteor that crashed into...GEEK!"
"Hey, that license plate is an irregular num...GEEK!"

He and his biker friends are trying to talk me into getting a motorcycle. At first I was thinking no way. I'd spend all my free time fixing my bike or fucking it up on the trails...

...but, I do still have all my bike stuff from when I had a Yamaha TTR back in 2007 or was it 2008.

Quantitative analysis on whether or not I should get a dirt bike:

Cost of bike + insurance + having to deal with the fuckwits at the DMV (I have to subtract something otherwise this equation won't come out in favor of getting a dirt bike...hm...subtracting 1 is always safe) - 1
[I'm going to put some braces in here so this formula looks like some of that fucked up shit on wikipedia (then put in some parentheses to confuse people so they won't scrutinize my formula) * (how come you can't put things like exponentials in blogger posts?) - (doesn't anyone blog about math?) + (I should add some brackets too because I like them * once at 1 am when I was writing code I noticed they look like a pilgrim head {} / happy thanksgiving!)]  (this is the point in the equation where you put in a big dividing line)
________________________________________

(quick! think of something to divide!) FUN * (cool jacket + new boots)

= maybe I SHOULD by a motorcycle

Sometimes I wonder what life would be like if I had friends that were good influences on me.

I'd die of boredom. Motorcycle is safer than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment