Wednesday, November 14, 2012

serenade

Wow. The weirdest thing just happened. I ordered room service and the waiter that always brings my tray (Kevin) commented about how healthy my eating habits are (last night I had 2 slices of key lime pie, a fruit plate, and french fries for dinner and that's healthy????), and then he sang me a song about broken tree branches and some other stuff. I think it was a gospel song or something. He has a great voice.

I gave him a $5 tip and said "thanks".

It was nice, but at the same time a little awkward. I don't often have people sing to me and I never know what I'm supposed to do. Clap? Make eye contact? Stare into the distance as if remembering an emotionally sad moment?

Hm. He brought me another fruit plate and didn't charge me.

People are so confusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment