Sunday, August 19, 2012

pics from bierstat

To give you an idea of what the easiest 14er is like...to quote my dad "even the easiest 14er isn't easy."

Attempting to demonstrate how to use the emergency beacon at 5:55 am.
After 2 3/4 miles and a lot of elevation gain Kevin discovers the last 1/4 mile is a rock scramble. A steep rock scramble.

At the summit. Me, Kevin, Peter, and Leon.

Smoking my fake cigarette and texting my dad from the summit.

In the talus field leaving the summit. Leon, me, and Kevin. The air behind us is filled with smoke from the fires.

1/3 of the way down Bierstat. We can barely see the parking lot.

Discussion in the last flat place on Bierstat before descending on the trail. Me, Peter, and Leon.


Kevin, as usual, between a rock and a hard place.
I can't wait to do Torey's/Gray's in a few weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment