Wednesday, February 29, 2012

the stupidest company in the world

So, tomorrow and Friday I'm supposed to be teaching an online class. It's a makeup for an online class I taught a month ago. We have to have a make up class because the last time the lab environment wasn't available the first day (the idiot who set up the class didn't order it) and when we finally got into the lab half way through the second day (so, 16 hours into a class that is 80% lab) the license for the software the students use was expired. Meaning, of 14 hours of lab work the students ended up getting 2 hours.

Well, the idiot (same person) who set up the make up class only ordered the lab for the second day. I've been trying since last Wednesday, when I caught the error, to ensure that the lab will be available tomorrow. The "help" desk has closed the ticket twice without resolving it and the idiot I spoke to change the lab date from 2 march to 3 march (I had requested 1 & 2 march - perhaps the enterprising little fuck nut thought I meant 1 + 2 and got 3).

I still don't know if the lab is going to work tomorrow.

Oh, and the license file for the lab is STILL expired. I just received an email that the due date for the ticket I opened 24 February (which wasn't created until 27 February) has a due date of 9 March. And the notes say specifically that the class is being run 1 March.

I need a new job.



No comments:

Post a Comment