Tuesday, February 21, 2012

my family weighs in on my book

Tonight I was talking to my mom about a new sub-plot idea I had (which produced good results - my mom suggested that the croco-diamond develop a new product with the Italiani because it really bothered her that I didn't write anything about him getting paid for the squished termaters). I said "I think this could be like shrek" (full disclosure - I've watched about 10 minutes of shrek, which was the most I could stand before being insanely bored, but I've heard it's popular and it seems to be about a bunch of made up shit, like my book). And my mom said "this is better than shrek". Hee.

Then, in procrastination mode, trying to finish my next chapter, I sent an email to my brother Bob:

I've just put the kangawrong, who injured his feet robbing the ton-o-tap, in an adjustable zippy shoe skate with a paddle to propel it.

Am I going insane?

He responded:

probably.  but it was scientifically interesting to me to watch the Hindenburg burn.  Some of us are kinda weird.

I would have put the kangawrong in a position where it stepped in the glue and something large and heavy stuck to its feet.  Something that would have been funny in the context of the plot, like spare tires or palates of produce or something ridiculous.  Then, the croc might have to use the crutches for something like dragging the kanga inadvertently to a soap box race, where tires from the truck (stuck somehow to the kanga) made the contraption work and they won the derby.

Bizarre, yeah.  Engineering, no.  But I still think it would be funny.


Perhaps I should write my next book with my brother. For the record, I will not be gluing tires to the kangawrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment