Friday, January 13, 2012

my family weighs in on corm crisps

I emailed my brothers and mom to see what names they might suggest for corm crisps.

Me:
Here are some new names (vote for your favorite) - the name has to connote a snack that can be crunched and crushed so when the kangawrong steps on them they break - also they have to imply something the giant man can grow in his garden and not something normal that would be unhealthy and cause kids to get fat - should be a cool name like "cheesy poofs":


 -snacky straws (too general?)
 -snacky spud straws (kind of like this one)
 -crunchy fiddle crisp
 -greenie sticks


Vegetables I've found from research that can be made into chips (not including potatoes): sweet potato, squash, carrot, green bean, onions, eggplant, plantain, cassava, corn,cucumber, lotus root, and taro.

My brother Bob:
I kind of like the completely made up name.  Although a parent reading it might mistakenly say corn puffs.  How about popcorn balls or rice crispy treats?  Plastic bubble wrap, but who would eat that.

My mom:
I like kettle carrots and pringotots. But I have to make sure it sounds crunchy. Maybe like crunchy kettle carrots.

My brother Steve:
Nobody likes carrots for breakfast

My Mom (from a dream she had, apparently, about the croco-diamond):
Beet Ball Puffs

everybody knows you ate them because your finger tips and mouth are purple.  Plus if you throw them at someone they explode in a puff of purple smoke upon impact...
also thought of Cukie Krispies
and when Croco-diamond eats the Beet Ball Puffs his snout complains and complains because the purple smoke tickles his nose holes and leaves a purple ring... 
Yes, I'm procrastinating. My screen writing class starts tomorrow and I haven't done my script outline yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment