Tuesday, January 10, 2012

live from the murder capital of the US

Walking to work...yeah, that was a little scary. I thought I might be losing my urban edge since my neighborhood is becoming gentrified but when I told my customer I walked to work (and from the subway station to my hotel) he said "you're a braver man than I am". I like it when my customers refer to me as a guy. Because obviously women can't be technical.

I did not know that St. Louis is the murder capital of the US. My customer was teasing me because that market I went to on Sunday...two people were shot there a few days ago.

Of course, this chemist guy I'm working with said to my customer "I don't know why you're worried about her getting shot". I was like "why since this is the murder capital of the world?" and he said "we are the floor above the lab where we make cyanide". Hm. I was like "real cyanide?" and he said "yes, you would die if it explodes".

My customer said "stop trying to scare her" and the chemist, as soon as my customer left the room, said "we also make autistic mice".

I had a lot of fun with this customer. I'm glad I'm coming back here in 10 days. Seriously!

No comments:

Post a Comment