Wednesday, November 9, 2011

looking for nemo? I found him...at my customer site

Today my customer received a shipment of toy helicopters from china. They are moving offices but since they are a tactical team they will move last. The building we are in is deserted, meaning, of course, a perfect place to fly remote control helicopters. The group of guys I'm training took great pleasure in buzzing the choppers over my head as I was trying to work.

Yes, everyone I work with is over 30.

To avoid the chaos and try to keep training on track I moved everyone to the board room (or, they call it the "bored room" when I'm in there with them).

A knock at the door. I opened it expecting to be kicked out by the chief guy because it's his room. Instead a rather large helium filled Nemo floated over my head and into the air space above the conference room table.
Needless to say order broke down. I retreated to an office to write sql statements. For the most part I could successfully ignore the crashes when a helicopter hit the window. I was not allowed to try to fly one of the helicopters or the remote controlled fish because I'm a woman and "women can't drive".

The nemo balloon is called an air swimmer. It's on youtube, funny video link here. I'm seriously considering buying the shark.

No comments:

Post a Comment