Sunday, September 25, 2011

the more things change, the more fucked up they get

Well, my luck doesn't seem to be changing...

On Saturday I finally started weeding through my emails from Friday. There was a reschedule notice for the class that got botched last week. I didn't bother to look at it until Saturday because I expect people to be able to do their jobs and not totally fuck things up. Which is stupid on my part, because they always fuck up.

My scheduler and the training coordinator talked to reschedule the class. My scheduler HAS MY SCHEDULE. It's HER JOB. But, somehow, the class got rescheduled for Wednesday instead of Friday as we had discussed. I am in California on Wednesday, making it hard to also teach a class in Maryland.

I sent out an email as soon as I realized the date was wrong. Of course, no one has answered me yet. Am I the only idiot who works on weekends? Apparently.

I used to get an ulcer over shit like this. Now, I don't even care.

In other news, I guess Hertz is bitter about my keyed up bumper broken car fiasco. When I got to Oakland I arrived at my Hertz parking spot to find a Nissan Versa. The only door lock is on the driver's side door. You can't unlock the other locks with the front locks, you have to unlock them manually. It, seriously, has manual roll up roll down windows.

And I'm in the president's circle.

TSA at Denver confiscated my wine bottle opener that I have been flying with for 10 years.

And I was walking down a street in Hayward when a guy came up and said "there's a smoking ban in all public places, you can't even smoke in your car, it's a $500 fine". Great. Because the police have nothing better to do.

Maybe I should try to get a job in Europe for a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment