Monday, May 30, 2011

update on my dad

He's been walking around and has stopped taking any pain medication. The doctor said that he had to fart before he was allowed to eat anything but ice chips. Luckily, my dad is good at farting. He apparently farted some time yesterday afternoon and was allowed to eat some soup.

If all continues to go well, which I think it will, he is going to be released from the hospital tomorrow. I may get to see him when I fly to DC on Friday because he's planning to recuperate in Williamsburg rather than Cincinnati. The doc is going to take his staples out on Thursday and then let him know if he can travel.

The doc also said if my dad had waited another week to have surgery the cancer would have penetrated his lymph nodes. Luck was on his side, thankfully...

No comments:

Post a Comment