Friday, May 13, 2011

MIA meniscus

I'm having one of those "are you fucking kidding me???????????" moments...

So I went to see the knee doc today. It was almost the reverse of what happened to me 12 years ago. When I went in for that knee problem the x-ray showed a huge hole where my lateral femur knuckle should have been.

This time, the x-ray showed a distended lateral femur knuckle bumping up against my tib/fib. The doc said the bone plug had bone growth which has slowly distorted my knee/femur. I asked where my cadaver meniscus might be (since there was no light of day between my femur and my tib/fib) and she said she didn't know. I asked if it might have dissolved over time or something, but she said that wasn't possible.

So, looks like my only option to be able to keep walking is to get a knee replacement. Bye bye zombie knee, hello metal fucked up robot knee. Ugh. I can't believe I'm so old that I can even get a mechanical knee.

Anyway, I go see a doctor on 16 June who is the doc for the Denver Nuggets. Maybe he'll have something better than the doc I saw today.

Robot knee = no climbing, running, skiing

I can bike and swim...which means, since I live out of a hotel, I do...what...for exercise. Maybe I can get a fake tan and start doing zumba.

I guess I should be grateful my cadaver knee lasted as long as it did. Me and my fake body parts had a good run. 11 years, which is way longer than any doctor thought it would last.

Fuck fuck fuck. Stupid fucking knee.

No comments:

Post a Comment