Thursday, April 14, 2011

just like triceratops

So, for those of you who haven't heard, it turns out triceratops isn't a real dinosaur. It's a teenage version of the torosaurus.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/krulwich/2011/04/14/135351303/the-triceratops-panic-why-does-science-keep-changing-its-mind?ps=cprs

I bring this up because it puts into context something that happened to me yesterday.

I got a panicked phone call from a friend of mine, we'll call her A. A had just found out through facebook that a couple we knew, that have been together since they were 13, broke up. Fucking facebook.

The news saddened me because the male participant in the now defunct relationship is a guy I have always idolized. I know it's stupid to do that to people, but he was one of those guys you couldn't help but idolize. He is handsome, funny, athletic, and intelligent. The couple had been through a lot and it was hard to believe, after everything, that they were breaking up.

It's hard to piece together what happened, but one thing was strange. The guy had a bunch of pictures of himself with another woman on his facebook page (note I am NOT on facebook because I think it's stupid, I logged on with A's account). The pictures were taken by the paparazzi. It appears he might have been involved with someone else while he was married and then got busted by a tabloid.

I don't know. I guess the guys who don't have affairs are non-existent or have a low level of testosterone. This guy just didn't seem like the type to do something like that. I always thought he would have more respect and trustworthiness to pull shit like that. He never seemed to be the kind of guy who would break a promise.

Sad days...first the dinosaurs aren't what we believe...now people are changing too...it's like nothing is what it appears to be...

And, oddly, I think I saw my ex from Maryland yesterday. Similar truck to what he used to drive, same ugly blue cloudveil shirt, gym sticker and gear stickers matched what he used to have on his truck back in the day...it was strange. I had just been to the UPS store to drop off my shit laptop (my new one arrived yesterday morning). I was waiting to turn onto Colorado when I noticed the gym sticker on the car in front of me. Then I tried to speed up to see who was driving but the person seemed to be speeding up and changing lanes to avoid me. The person tried to make a right turn right after I sped up behind him, and then cut over 4 lanes and made a left turn into a little fast food place.

I couldn't really see the driver. Probably it wasn't him. I'll be pissed if it was him because that means not only did the asspipe move to MY state but he's also in my neighborhood (the whole reason I moved from the east coast was so I would never have to see him again). But it could have been a coincidence about the truck and the shirt and the stickers. And, maybe that guy is writing on his blog right now how some psycho wearing a black baseball cap with a black car was following him for a quarter of a mile.

I am often mistaken for an undercover cop. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment