Tuesday, January 11, 2011

OR victory from the jaws of defeat!!!!!!!!!!!

I was kind of bummed last night that I lost pitchapalooza. But, when I was walking home, in a way, I felt like something good was going to happen. I talked to Brassy last night and he cheered me up, but still I felt like there was something unfinished, or that something was going to happen.

This morning I checked my email, and had one from someone in my writer's group that I haven't really met. He was at the pitch last night, he's a published author, and an award winning screen writer splitting his time between here and NYC (which is why I haven't met him). The email said:

Hi, Franki,
After the event, I bought a book and got it signed.  I put in a
nice word for you with David (the pitchapalooza panel guy).  He wants to follow up
with you and was really impressed with your pitch, Franki.  He
wanted me to make sure you contact him.  His email is [deleted].

Good luck!  Awesome job tonight.

I was shocked, surprised, excited, and stunned that this person who's never met me, or read anything I've written, would go out of his way to help me. I sent a profusely thankful email back to him, offered to buy him a drink, and then got on the stick and sent an email, which was probably crappy, to David. Now I guess I'll wait and see what happens.

In the mean time, I got a response back to my thankful email:

Your story is CAPTIVATING!  I have not seen your writing, but if it is anything like the way you tell it verbally, I believe you will inspire many people.  Plus, you're a really nice person and I want you to succeed.

See you soon.
 
Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment