Sunday, September 26, 2010

"thanks...not for me!"

Six hours after submitting my proposal to 6 literary agents, I got my first rejection. It said "thanks...not for me!" I thought the exclamation point was unnecessary but perhaps the agent was trying to emphasize her point.

But the good news is that I've heard back from my editor from Banff, Tony. I'm going to try to meet him up there for a little reunion. Hoping that some of the other writing crew from my program last year can make it too.

In other news I broke down and bought a GPS today for my car. I had to drive 30 miles to Georgia to get it because there aren't any stores around here that carry them. I was talking to the sales lady at OfficeMax and said that I decided to buy the GPS after spending almost two hours trying to find my way to Aiken from Columbia in the dark. She said "Girl, that's impossible! Why were you driving around in the dark?"

Why indeed.

So now I'll know where I'm going. But, I'm not going anywhere because I said in my proposal that my book was done. It's, hee, not done. Back to the grindstone trying to finish this thing off...

No comments:

Post a Comment