Tuesday, May 11, 2010

flops

For this trip to the ME I decided to bring high flops and my low flops. My high flops are flip flops with a heel on them. They make me the tallest person in the room. I am wearing them to work every day. My low flops are my chacos. I use those to walk to and from texas kid's apartment. It's not so hot here that I can't walk. I'm sure that's going to change soon.

I'm staying at the Intercon. Super posh but everything is expensive, and, typical of Intercons in these types of countries, it's on a hill in the middle of nowhere. My room is about twice the size of my place at the merid (no balcony though, boo hoo). I have a huge bathroom and the shower is a rain shower.

I was surprised my hair got such a good reception. After Dr. T initially almost had a heart attack (I walked up to him and he didn't even recognize me) he's adjusted. I don't know why I ever grew my hair out in the first place. I like short hair.

I had my first project meeting today. It went poorly in the morning (utter confusion, as usual, attempts to extend the scope of the project, and complaints about the doughnuts) but the more I ramped up my performance the more the team started to respond. I found myself, this afternoon, yelling (jokingly) at one of the guys on the team "You don't need to go on vacation! This is more fun than vacation!" By the end of the day everyone was giving themselves nicknames so I could spell/pronounce their names.

I hope it goes well. It will be a lot of work. And now I'm exhausted. It's hard for me to be "on" all of the time. I sometimes feel like I'm the writer, producer, and actor of a sit com with a live audience. And I'm worried every time I do this that the show will flop.

No comments:

Post a Comment