Thursday, March 13, 2014

cit-e coyote

If you ever wondered how to get a hyper active chihuahua to behave on a walk, I'd suggested taking the dog to an urban city park in Denver around lunch time.

yes, that is a HUGE coyote, running around in a field at a city rec / park center
I'm not sure what, exactly, the coyote was doing in the city (great food, but they don't have money to pay for it so that can't be it). Perhaps it's all the construction that's going on around the city. The coyote was carrying something in its mouth which I hope was food foraged from the trash but which might have been a cat.

It was interesting to see Mr. Nuts, who thinks he's in charge where ever he goes, suddenly hunker down and walk as quickly as possible away from where the coyote was, like "nothing to see here, no, I'm not a chihuahua, I'm just a very small hairy person, looking to get away from you before you notice me". At 10 pounds Mr. Nuts would barely make a snack for a coyote but I don't think animals are that rational.

No comments:

Post a Comment