Thursday, December 5, 2013

even when I was young, I wore sunglasses

While at my parents' house a few weeks ago for Thanksgiving I went through some photo albums looking for a picture that I wanted to send to FH. I found a few others that were pretty funny:

"I can read my own book grandma. Don't like that? Talk to the slippers."

Why let a social engagement keep you from that riveting book?
For halloween, of course I wore my ballet costume because I was obsesses with it. It was probably not intended to be worn with a turtleneck.

The next year I was too big for my ballet costume so I went as a witch. Worst. Costume. Ever.

Here I'm wearing my ballet costume for no reason. I used to put it on as soon as I got home from school. And, um, no, I wasn't taking ballet classes anymore.
Everyone complains I don't take pictures without my sunglasses. I started that at an early age. I'm in the forefront striking a pose. I'm guessing someone must have given us the sunglasses since we're all wearing them.

I even wore my sunglasses in the house.

And I also get the complaint I'm always wearing a hat in pictures. Better than a bucket...
I always wrecked the family photos by doing something stupid. Like wearing black knee high socks with white shoes and refusing to stand with everyone else.

This pic was taken in White Sands, NM, after we escaped flooding in Colorado. Everything we owned got wet so we put it out in the parking lot to dry. My dad was trying to take a picture of us on this sand dune when I decided to slide down the dune to make it more of an "action" shot.
Here I am in my dad's lab (wearing my favorite plaid pants). No idea who that other kid is, probably some other dad dragged him into work to feed punch cards into the computer like me.

The type writer on which I wrote my first story, at the age of 5. It was about a loaf of bread that could talk and fly. Guessing my mom was making bread at the time.
I sent this to FH and he said my brother Bob may have been in the first ever planking picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment