Wednesday, November 6, 2013

new house project!!!!

FH and I have been talking about me moving into his house. Of course, I just finished remodeling my house so I was kind of torn. I mentioned a few things I wanted to change in his house. The upstairs had this ugly green carpet I called the pee pee carpet. His bedroom doesn't get much light in the morning and because of where the bed is positioned it's hard to make it up in the morning (don't laugh - major source of stress for me is an unmade bed).

We decided to wait until spring to make a few remodels in the upstairs (there are two small bedrooms we wanted to make into one large bedroom). Then yesterday, while I was at home on an evening meeting, I got a text that said "I was right, there's a lot more light". I glanced at the picture and realized that FH had ripped out the wall between the two small bedrooms.

He's right. There IS a lot more light.

He ripped out the pee pee carpet. This is the original wood floor in the house. It was covered up by a subfloor, vinyl tile, a carpet pad, and a carpet.

One of his friends is going to fix the wall and we're going to have the wood floors redone.

There were some ugly shelves built into the wall. FH ripped them out and gained a foot of space in the room.
So much for being done with remodeling...but, I have to admit, I like remodeling. And I get to make the design decisions...

No comments:

Post a Comment