Tuesday, August 20, 2013

clam vs skunk

Last night the fun hog and I were hanging out in his back yard, having a drink (we had just finished priming my bathroom) and watching an episode of Fringe on his outside TV (you need a TV outside to be an official red neck). Our relaxing evening was suddenly interrupted by fh's dog who decided it would be a great idea to stick her face into a bush where a skunk was hiding.

At first we weren't sure what had happened. She ran away from the bush and made a beeline for the house. She kept snorting and rubbing her nose with her paw. I was like "what the fuck is she doing?" and then we smelled the skunk. FH was like "she just got sprayed" so we ran over to the house and grabbed her as she was walking into the kitchen. FH dragged her outside and I ran to my car and grabbed my headlamp out of my climbing pack. He only had clamato tomato juice, so I'm not sure how much that helped with the smell. After he gave her a clamato rub down I brought down some oatmeal dog shampoo and we gave her an outside shower.

Then we went looking for the skunk. The little bastard had stayed in the bush and was watching as we gave the dog a bath.The skunk was huge. So fh went to get his rifle but by the time he was back the skunk was gone. We waited around for a while but the skunk never came back.

However, the smell lingered. We turned on a fan to clear the downstairs and that worked pretty successfully but the yard still reeks of skunk.

Tonight we're going to try to find it and shoot it. The skunk has been around for a while and I'm pretty sure it's hit other dogs in the neighborhood. So his ass deserves to get capped. Stinking bastard.

No comments:

Post a Comment